If you are planning your honeymoon trip book direct flights to Colombo, Sri Lanka, and go romantic by the grandeur of this island country. This tropical destination which is surrounded on all sides by the Indian Ocean will never make you regret.
This beautiful island country has plenty to offer. Sri Lanka is known for its rare species and magnificent elephants. This island shaped like a pearl has attracted tourists from all over the world. With its diversity and natural beauty, this island will make you amaze.
The coast is surrounded by water on all sides and hence boasts of some spectacular beaches, while the interior of the island has a diversity of landscapes, from rich wildlife in its jungles, to the amazing tea plantations that surrounds the hilly regions. This island also has its share of history. The Buddhist civilization gives the island its cultural identity. So what are you waiting for? Book your last minute direct flights to Colombo now!
Sri Lanka and its history!
Sri Lanka is filled with historical and culturally significant buildings and landmarks.
· Anuradhapura is the most famous historical city of the country. It has a large variety of ancient ruins, and is also a UNESCO World Heritage site. Ruwanweliseya Stupa, which is the one of the largest ancient world structures, is located in this city. Even the world’s most Authenticated oldest tree, the Sri Maha Bodhi, is located in this city.
· Polonnaruwa- This place is another famous historical site with its awe-inspiring architectures and temples.
· Sirigiya- If you have booked nonstop flights to Colombo, Sri Lanka visiting this place is a must. The rock fortress stands at 200 meters high, and is the best place to capture that perfect family picture, as the view from this place is simply awesome. This architectural delight is one of the most treasured art works of the country. And yes it is another UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Srilanka and its amazing beaches!
· If you are in the mood to surf, then head to Hikkaduwa, Unawatuna, and Weligama, which are a surfers delight. And Hikkaduwa has a wide variety of coral reefs, that’s provides you with the ultimate snorkeling experience.
· If you have booked Book direct flights to Colombo, Sri Lanka from London with your wife and kids, then a visit to Dondra Point and Mirissa Beach will make your kids jump in delight as sperm whales and blue whales can be spotted here.
· The Dutch Galle Fort, which is the best preserved sea fort in this part of the world, is another World Heritage Site.
Sri Lanka and its Wildlife!
Sri Lanka is a country with rich wildlife species.
The Yala National Park- This Park is famous for its elephants and the number of leopards in this park is also one of the highest in the world. Yala is surrounded by six national parks and three wildlife sanctuaries. The ecosystem of this place is totally diverse for which such rich variety of wildlife is found here.