Colombo the Sri Lankan Heart
Colombo is the most important city in Sri Lanka, the former capital and the home of current capital of Sri Lanka (Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte), Colombo is the heart of all major activities in Sri Lanka. Located in the Western Province and the capital of this Province, Colombo is the largest city of Sri Lanka. Colombo is the biggest Cultural, financial and commercial hub of Sri Lanka. Book now your cheap direct flights to Colombo and explore this mesmerizing Sri Lankan City.
Five Angelic Cultural Sights of Colombo
1. Gangaramaya: Arguably one of the most important temple in Colombo, portraying an astounding blend of Chinese, Indian, Thai and Sri Lankan Architecture and cultures. This Buddhist Temple, sitting on the shores of Beira Lake, is a great place to learn about the Sri Lankan way of Harmony. An interesting piece of information, the shrine was made from the donations of a Muslim sponsor.
2. New Kathiresan Kovil: Famous by name of Kovil, this is one of the most lavish Hindu Temples in Sri Lanka; this huge temple which is sitting in the Sea Street is a mesmerizing place. Dedicated to Murgan the god of wars in Hindu mythology, New Kathiresan Kovil is really a place to visit and admire the gorgeous architecture.
3. Isipathanaramaya: Isipathanaramaya is basically a Buddhist temple, located on Isipathanara Road; this is known as the most serine places in this chaotic city. Isipathanaramaya is known for its calmness and the colorful artwork. Easy access from all major parts of Colombo makes Isipathanaramaya more famous among tourists.
4. Jami-Ul-Alfar Mosque: One of the most famous mosques in Colombo, Jami-Ul-Alfar is more of a historic place, built in 1909; Jami –Ul- Alfar is arguably the oldest mosque in Sri Lanka. Located in Pettah region, this red bricked stunning mosque is a major tourist attraction in Colombo.
5. St. Thomas Chapel: A beautiful Church, having great stone work and known for its serenity, this church is located within the premises of prestigious St. Thomas College, you’ll be astound to know that St. Thomas Chapel is only Scottish Church in whole Colombo, also may be in Whole Sri Lanka.