All these chic malls are loaded with ace brands and best of dining & leisure facilities, but what still seem to steal the show are the local markets in the nation that glue every visitor with an unusual hex of its dazzling exhibits and sparkling lanes.
Let’s take a look at what India has in its kitty for the most discerning shopping aficionados and their diverse shopping desires.
Major Shopping Malls in India
1. Phoenix Market City Mall-Mumbai: With a remarkable built in area of 4,050,000 sq ft, this gigantic mall is the largest shopping archade in India as well as in Asia offering ovr 600 outlets, 14 screen multiplex and more than 20 restaurants. The mall has a superb connectivity with airport and can be reached taking cheap flights to India from London as well.
2. Lulu Mall-Kochi: Next in the list is the Lulu Mall of Kochi that has a total area of 3,900,000 sq ft which houses over 360 outlets, nine-screen multiplex, ice skating rink and a bowling alley.
3. Phoenix Market City-Pune: A little smaller that Lulu is this one with a area of 3,400,000 sq t. This mall comprises of large Coutyard, Hyper-Market, public plazas, water bodies, retails and entertainment counters.
4. Phoenix Market City-Chennai: The mall is built in a considerable space of 2,400,000 sq ft and offers 300-plus stores, a lavish food court, 30-room boutique hotel, an apartment comples, ampitheatre and a club.
5. Mantri Square Mall-Bangalore: Situated in Malleshwaram Bangalore, this mall was once the biggest mall in South India with 250 retail stores having over 10,000 brands.
6. Z Square Shopping Mall-Kanpur: This mall is one of the hotspots in Kanpur built in an area of 1,500,000 sg ft having all high-class modern amenities like an upscale entertainment zone, food court, etc.
7. Great India Place-NoidA: This is one of the largest operational malls in India with a total area of 1,500,000 sq ft and has a 6-scree Big Cinemas apart from a variety of national and international retail outlets.
8. Select Citywalk-New Delhi: With a 1,300,000 sq ft this mall also houses serviced apartments besides the coomercial and official spaces which are dicided into three zones:Staple Traditional, Celebration and High Voltage.
9. AlphaOne Mall-Ahmedabad: The mall is built in a 1,200,000 sq ft area and has 210 stores, a large food court and a 6-screen multiplex.
10. Neptune Megnet Mall-Mumbai: In a 1,056,000 sq ft area, this mall houses a Family Entertainment centre called GLEOTST besides a host of retail stores and popular restaurants.
You may not get your favorite brand here but for that real spirit of Indian shopping culture, these local markets are winners hands down. With cheap tickets to India, one can grab the best of Indian traditional and contemporary ware ranging from the trendiest collection of garments, accessories and gadgets to ethnic jewelry, shoes, home furnishing and other lifestyle stuff.
Shopping from these regional bazaars give you that extra stroke of cultural influence, and a grand scope to bargain uptill your ultimate content.
1. Chappan Chowk-Indore
2. Johari Bazar-Jaipur
3. Mall Road-Shimla
4. 36 Chowringhee Lane-Kolkatta
5. Chandni Chowk-New Delhi
6. Manik Chawk-Aligarh
7. Colaba Causeway-Mumbai
8. Chor Bazar-Mumbai
9. Connaught Place-New Delhi
10. Chinese Market-New Delhi